We strive to deliver items purchased from happenstance.com in excellent condition and within the
shortest time possible. Shipping is entirely free for prepaid purchase of items through the website. A
charge of Rs.150 is applicable for cash-on-delivery (COD) orders.
II. MODIFYING SHIPPING ADDRESS AFTER PLACING ORDER
The shipping address for an order can be modified before the order gets processed and dispatched.
The customer may update it under the Change Address section which is available under the My
Order section of the website.
III. CANCELLED ORDERS AND REFUNDS
Once an order is shipped, the cancel option will not be available on
the website. In case of prepaid orders for which payment has been made via credit/debit card, net
banking or My Wallet on the website, the customer will receive complete refund in the source
account within 7 to 10 days of order cancellation.
IV. RETURNS & EXCHANGES POLICY
A customer may return/exchange unworn shoes on happenstance.com for any valid reason, within 7 days from the date of delivery of the product. Any return/exchange request after the specified period will not be valid. Any unworn shoes can be exchanged due to
incorrect size or receipt of a defective item, and the customer will be provided with a replacement of
the item, free of any shipping charges. Once an exchange request is initiated, our delivery
representative will pick up the original item and will deliver the new item at a later date.
These steps will be part of the returning/exchanging of items:
Pick-up: In most locations, we offer a free pick-up service. You will see a pick-up option when you
submit a return request.
Self-shipping: A customer may also opt to do self-shipping of items to be returned/exchanged,
subject to the Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Quality Check: During pick-up, our agent will do a mandatory quality check on the item/s being
Refund: Once the item has been received at our warehouse and has passed a quality check, the
refund will be initiated. The refund will be done through the customer’s bank account in which case
he/she should select the account to which refund should be made. In case of COD orders being
returned, the same should be done by providing details of one’s bank account.
V. UNDELIVERABLE ORDERS
An order may be undeliverable if:
• the package is damaged in transit.
• delivery is refused by the recipient.
• the address given is incorrect.
• there is no recipient to accept the order.
Our courier partners will not be responsible for retrieval and delivery of undelivered orders. All
undeliverable orders will be returned to the source and a full refund will be processed if the
payment has already been made online. If a customer wishes to re-purchase the item, he/she may
re-order it through the website.
VI. TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All items that are being returned or exchanged must be unused and in their original condition with
all tags and packaging intact.
2. Under the exchange policy, only size exchanges are allowed. Happenstance takes utmost care to
portray colours correctly on the website. Hence colour exchanges are not allowed.
3. All exchanges are subject to stock availability and to the customer’s address being serviceable for
4. If a returned/exchanged item does not pass the quality check, it will be shipped back to the
5. If a COD order is returned, the COD charges of the order will not be refunded.
6. If a prepaid order is lost or undelivered to the preferred location, the customer will receive a
complete refund of the order amount*.
5. In case of exchanges, the customer has to ensure that the original item gets picked up from the
same address which has been selected for the delivery of the new item.
6. If a customer wishes to exchange the original item for a different item altogether, the original
item will have to be returned to obtain a refund and the new item will have to be purchased
7. In case any purchased item comes with a free gift and if a customer wishes to return the main
item, the free product will have to be returned as well.
8. Happenstance will not be liable for any items returned by mistake. In circumstances where an
additional or a different item is returned by mistake, Happenstance will not be accountable for
misplacement or replacement of the item, and is not responsible for its delivery back to the
9. If a customer opts to exchange/return an item through self-shipping, the item has to be packed
securely to prevent any loss or damage during transit. For all self-shipped exchanges/returns,
Happenstance recommends using a reliable courier service.
10. If a customer opts to exchange/return an item through self-shipping, the shipping cost will be
reimbursed, subject to:
a. the returned item having met our Returns and Exchanges Policy,
b. the returned item having passed the quality check at the warehouse, and
c. the image of the courier receipt being shared by the customer and validated by Happenstance.
11. For items brought during sale/discount being returned, the refund amount would reflect the
value of the item after applying all offers, and not the original value of the item.
*Order amount/value is calculated after applying discounts/GST or any other applicable charges.